[Chicago] __name__ == "__main__"

Chris McAvoy chris.mcavoy at gmail.com
Sat Oct 27 09:39:23 CEST 2007

On 10/27/07, Ian Bicking <ianb at colorstudy.com> wrote:
> Chris McAvoy wrote:
> > I've really enjoyed reading this stuff today...has anyone gone so far
> > as to script a new Python project startup script to create a default
> > layout for a new project, script or module?   That would be clever.
>
> Of course!
>
>    easy_install CmdUtils
>    paster create --template=cmdutils mycommand

Did I get punk'd?

"""
easy_install CmdUtils
Searching for CmdUtils
Reading http://cheeseshop.python.org/pypi/CmdUtils/
Couldn't find index page for 'CmdUtils' (maybe misspelled?)
Scanning index of all packages (this may take a while)
Reading http://cheeseshop.python.org/pypi/
No local packages or download links found for CmdUtils
error: Could not find suitable distribution for Requirement.parse('CmdUtils')
"""

Ted Said:
> (and nice try at stoking a fire to get something done, Chris...
> beware folks -- this is how you end up hosting a conference or giving
> a talk or hacking a roomba or something... ;-)

I'm a thinker, not a doer.

Chris