[Chicago] Let's talk organization

Ian Bicking ianb at colorstudy.com
Thu Oct 18 22:28:08 CEST 2007

Chris McAvoy wrote:
> I'm proposing that we consider creating a BDFSM, the benevolent
> dictator for six months.  A six month "officer" who is responsible for
> all ChiPy meeting planning business for a period of six months, or six
> meetings.  Making it a teeny bit more formal breaks my hippy heart,
> but I think it's good for a few reasons:
>
> 1) It's easier to plan six meetings than it is one meeting.

Maybe we could also line up venues a little further ahead of time; maybe
for all six months if possible.  Getting presentations together in a JIT
fashion isn't too bad, but venues are harder.  BDFSM still has to
respond to cancellations, etc., but this will make it all much easier I
think.

> 2) We know who to go to, we only have to figure out who to go to once
> every six months.
>
> 3) The BDFSM gets some nice resume candy.

Probably we should have a better title for the resume.  I think BDFSM
will look kinky on a resume.  "President" sounds a little too formal,
"coordinator" way too generic.

--
Ian Bicking : ianb at colorstudy.com : http://blog.ianbicking.org