[Chicago] Announcing new programming group

John Quigley jquigley at jquigley.com
Wed Oct 3 23:48:35 CEST 2007

skip at pobox.com wrote:
> Similar to Tech Coffee the past two summers?

Similar in flavor, though I've never been to a Tech Coffee (too early in the morning for me).  My long-term intention is to transform this into a group that has more structured meetings, in addition to the sprints.

I was operating the Chicago Lisp group for a time, and we tried valiantly to get that off the ground, but there were simply too few folks.  I would like to build from that though, with perhaps monthly meetings where our members give presentations about any topic of computer science that they think others may enjoy.  I'm working on an advanced computational continuations presentation that we could maybe use as the basis for a first structured meeting.

That's all in time though, I want to get a feeling for the interest first.

- John Quigley