[Chicago] Restaurant recommendations for PyCon...

Kumar McMillan kumar.mcmillan at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 00:45:15 CET 2007

On Nov 21, 2007 10:31 AM,  <skip at pobox.com> wrote:
> Folks,
>
> I'm looking for restaurant recommendations for this page on the PyCon
> website:
>
>     http://us.pycon.org/2008/chicago/restaurants/
>
> I've seeded it with a few restaurants I am familiar with or which seem like
> good bets (Gale Street Inn was recommended by a colleague at work, Amitabul
> has a five-star rating on Metromix), but I could use more, especially
> anything good near the conference hotel.  If you have any recommendations,
> send them along to me, preferrably with an address and phone number so I can
> reliably find them on the net.

Best Mexican I've had in Chicago:

Fernando's, 3450 N. Lincoln Ave. (W. Lakeview)
http://www.yelp.com/biz/rYUYa1bZswTIv6mNFrDU2g
http://centerstage.net/restaurants/fernandos.html

Best Indian I've had in Chicago (yes, I've been to several others on Devon) :

Gaylord Fine Indian Cuisine
678 N Clark St (River North)
http://chicago.metromix.com/restaurants/indian/gaylord-india-restaurant-river-north/134340/content

Other places I like:

Lula's Cafe (it's actually a restaurant)
2537 N Kedzie Blvd (Logan Square)
http://www.lulacafe.com/

Star of Siam (Thai)
11 E. Illinois St. (North Loop)
http://www.starofsiamchicago.com/

... unfortunately none of these are near the hotel.

Hmm, I think it will be tough finding *good* restaurants near the
hotel.  However, this search on Metromix is somewhat useful:
http://chicago.metromix.com/facets/restaurants/type.listing.venue.restaurant?keywords=rosemont
"Ventanas" seems to be the one with the highest rating:
http://chicago.metromix.com/restaurants/bar_food/ventanas-rosemont/142845/content