[Chicago] understanding unicode problems

rcriii at ramsdells.net rcriii at ramsdells.net
Fri Nov 16 22:49:54 CET 2007

> The code is being called from a django view, which sends a pdf to the
> client.
>
> from dabo.dReportWriter import dReportWriter

You are mixing Django and dabo?  Didn't you see the movie:

HOLOVATY
                        (urgently)
                Wait!  Wait!  There's something I forgot to
                tell you.

                                KAPLAN-MOSS
                What?

                                HOLOVATY
                        (emphatic)
                Don't cross the frameworks.

                                KAPLAN-MOSS
                Why not?

                                HOLOVATY
                Trust me.  It will be bad.

                                KAPLAN-MOSS
                What do you mean "bad?"

                                HOLOVATY
                It's hard to explain, but try to imagine
                all life as you know it stopping
                instantaneously and finding yourself
                confined forever in another dimension.