[Chicago] understanding unicode problems

Kumar McMillan kumar.mcmillan at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 17:50:13 CET 2007

Carl,

I'm afraid the only way to get deeper into this is to back up and soak
in the fundamentals.  This is a great article to start with:
http://www.joelonsoftware.com/articles/Unicode.html ... and Pete
posted some good links: http://del.icio.us/pfein/unicode

If you want the answers to your questions below skip right to the
Unicode section in that first article.  But it is worth the full read.
 After that, the "real world" is the best way to learn things (for me
anyway) so if you post some more code (can do that off the list too)
then perhaps I can post back some solutions in code.