[Chicago] Help with PyCon Talk Proposals

Kumar McMillan kumar.mcmillan at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 07:01:21 CET 2007

On Nov 13, 2007 11:39 PM, Feihong Hsu <hsu.feihong at yahoo.com> wrote:
> +1 on a JavaScript for Python programmers tutorial.
>
> I'm still often befuddled by JavaScript issues, and it's not like I can
> avoid it if I'm trying to do anything dynamic. In particular I would like
> some tips on how to make JavaScript development more like Python development
> (something a bit deeper than "use mochikit, it rawks").

damn, you stole my reply ;)

seriously though ... Bob Ippolito has gone to **extreme** lengths
[1,2,3,4,5] to make Javascript work like python ...and specfically
twisted [6] ... and tested like perl [7].  Python and Javascript are
actually very similar languages.  Hmm... I might steal Ian's idea for
a talk.  MochiKit is an excellent gateway from Python to Javascript.
I'd certainly like to learn more about how Javascript works.  I think
it is a fun language.  For example:

(function () {
    load_stuff();
})();