[Chicago] Help with PyCon Talk Proposals

sheila miguez shekay at pobox.com
Wed Nov 14 00:11:04 CET 2007

I would like to hear more about spring + jython. You can spring wire
python scripts into your application (along with jRuby, groovy, bsh).
I don't know if this would be a good subject for PyCon. I think no.

Also, there is some guy online (I found just by searching for python
and aspect oriented programming) who is trying to write Spring for
Python. I have no idea how mature that is, or if he'd want to give a
talk on it. This might be better for PyCon. Or, finding talks on aop
and python.

On Nov 13, 2007 3:54 PM, Bob Hays <purplehayz at earthlink.net> wrote:
> Er, Jython would be one reason to look at Java for Python programmers.  And
> there are some potential advantages in some systems for using Jython....
>
> Have fun! - Bob
>

> On 11,13,07 3:33 PM, "Tim Ottinger" <tottinge at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Garrett Smith wrote:
> >> What about C# for Python developers? Or...better yet...Java for Python
> >> developers!
> >>

> > Ewww.  Having become a python developer before ever trying java or C#, I
> > can tell you that's no way to go.
> > You miss too much, and have to start inventing Python in other languages
> > (until you stop yourself, breathe deeply, and swallow hard on the koolaid).
> >
> > Tim

> Bob Hays
> (773) 794-2055 (H)
> (773) 266-HAYS (C)
> purplehayz at earthlink.net
> http://www.alephnaught.com
>
> "In preparing for battle I have always found that plans are useless, but
> planning is indispensible."
> -- Dwight D. Eisenhower

sheila