[Chicago] Help with PyCon Talk Proposals

Feihong Hsu hsu.feihong at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 13 19:00:43 CET 2007

I'm very interested in doing a talk for PyCon, but I don't have the confidence that I could actually do one myself. It's not that I'm uncomfortable speaking to a crowd, it's simply that I need someone else to push me forward or else I'll procrastinate too much. That said, I will list a few topics that I feel I'm qualified to talk about. If anyone else is interested in helping me out, let me know and we can discuss the details off-list.

- Python for C# programmers
- Integrating Python with .NET (and Mono)
- Getting Started with wxPython
- Fun with Function Frames, Metaclasses, __getitem__ and Decorators

OK, there are some comments I need to make on that last one. It's still somewhat ill-defined in my mind, but I'm doing a lot of stuff with function frames and metaclasses right now so if there's someone else who's familiar with all that sort of thing then I think that putting our minds together we could come up with some more use cases. The gist of the talk would be writing a lot of code upfront so that you (and other programmers) can write tiny chunks of declarative-looking code later.

Also, if someone else is doing a talk/tutorial on basic Python, I might be persuaded into helping out with that.

- Feihong