[Chicago] MacBook Pro

Milan Andric milan at andric.us
Mon Nov 12 20:58:16 CET 2007

I found it easiest to use macports.org to maintain my development and
production python environments on Mac OS X.  It's not as fast as a
binary package manager,  it actually builds the software, so you need
to install Xcode (gcc and friends). It's comparable to what you might
find on a Linux distro.

--
Milan

On Nov 12, 2007 10:23 AM, Ted Pollari <tcp at mac.com> wrote:

> On Nov 12, 2007, at 9:53 AM, sheila miguez wrote:
>
> > I wanted to do some stuff and ended not using the python that comes
> > natively on the mac.
>

> At this point (if we're talking OS X Tiger), you're using a fairly
> old version of Python if you're using the stock version -- and the
> upgrade really isn't that hard given the OS X specific installer on
> Python.org.  Though perhaps that's the root of the different
> experiences?
>
> -t

Milan