[Chicago] [PyCON-Organizers] PyCon 2008 Hotel Update -- (Networking & Space & a 2009 option)

Martin Maney maney at two14.net
Tue Mar 20 17:44:08 CET 2007

On Tue, Mar 20, 2007 at 06:01:13AM -0700, Aahz wrote:
> Is it really?  I'm not thinking of an extensive wired infrastructure,
> just slapping down a 16-port switch next to each AP.  (8-port is probably
> not enough because you lose two ports for the backhaul and AP, and you
> can't fit more than ten people next to a switch without the labor you're
> talking about.)

Ah, BYOC wired?  Yeah, that sounds like it could be worth the minimal
trouble and expense.  +1 if it doesn't interfere with the APs
(physically - I'm thinking of the description of them just sitting on
chairs in Dallas, if I got that right.  this can probably be managed,
at least for some locations.  bigger issue might well be all those
cables underfoot, so some AP sites might be unsuitably near traffic
lanes.)

/me adds that he's quite the disinterested party, as he expects not to
be able to see much if any of Chi-Pycon due to schedule conficts.  :-(

--
In software as well as in modern art,
the distinction between intentional and accidental omissions