[Chicago] equipment in storage

David Goodger goodger at python.org
Sat Mar 10 16:38:47 CET 2007

[Brad Allen]
> In addition to the 10-15 boxes plus 40 power strips (4 foot each,
> packaging to be determined),  don't forget that in the time leading up to
> PyCon, someone will also need to volunteer to receive and store potentially
> 60+ big boxes containing t-shirts, tote bags, swag, etc.

Good point.  I believe CTE (the meeting planner) is going to arrange for this
with the hotel, but I don't know the details yet (time frame, volume).  I will
confirm this.

We can always add a second storage space in the same facility for a month before
PyCon for receiving this stuff.

It's one thing to be a community conference that relies on volunteer help, but
quite another to pack someone's house full of boxes, like Brad's was.  As PyCon
gets bigger, we can and should spend money to avoid these inconveniences.

> You may also need to accumulate additional items to store. We are
> not sending you everything, since some items were not cost effective
> to ship:  the kiosk computers and peripherals, large whiteboards, and
> the projector tables.

Right.  The equipment being sent shouldn't fill the storage space; it should
have excess capacity.

Thanks for the info Brad!  I've noted it for planning.

--
David Goodger <http://python.net/~goodger>