[Chicago] Chicago visit

David Goodger goodger at python.org
Thu Jun 7 22:46:36 CEST 2007

I just read through all the messages on the "Suggestions for things to
see in Chicago" thread last month, and noted the many possibilities.
Thanks everyone!  This would be a great start for a PyCon/Chicago
"what to do" wiki page (hint, hint).

One suggestion in particular struck me as a great way to see many
aspects of the city in a limited time, and have geeky fun too: City
Segway Tours [1].  Thanks to John Chaves for the idea.

A 3-hour tour [2] costs $70.  I'm going to make a reservation for the
10am tour on Saturday July 21, and I'm inviting people to join me.
Even Chicago natives may be interested.  I know that I don't feel the
need to visit the landmarks where I live, always thinking "some other
time".  But some other time rarely comes.  Perhaps this is the time?

The tour meeting point is 400 East Randolph Street, "just across the
street from the northern edge of Grant Park".

After the tour we could get some Chicago grub.  I've heard you have
good pizza and hot dogs.  Any suggestions on the quintessential
Chicago eatery?

What do you say?  Does anyone want to join me for the Segway tour &
lunch, or just lunch in the city?

-- David Goodger

[1] http://www.citysegwaytours.com/chicago/
[2] Tour details: