[Chicago] Emergency - In Need Of Developer

sheila miguez shekay at pobox.com
Sun Jul 22 18:23:03 CEST 2007

On 7/22/07, Atul Varma <varmaa at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 7/22/07, sheila miguez <shekay at pobox.com> wrote:
> > Did the project fail because of ignorant use of django/python and/or
> > screwed up development processes in general? might want to have a talk
> > about mature development processes + python.
> >
> > a la http://www.dreamingincode.com/
>
> Has anyone else read this book?  I finished it a few months ago and
> really enjoyed it... Been meaning to write a review of it, actually,
> but never got around to it.

I've read it. It's not bad.

> I know a lot of people who work in the industry don't want to read
> about this kind of stuff in their spare time, which is
> understandable--so I suggest you consider getting this book as a gift

People should read about this stuff especially if they have to survive
working in a large company.

One would hope managers read this stuff.

Mythical Man Month
articles about no silver bullets
Deathmarch
Peopleware

One of my exs gave me a lot of software engineering books along with
books like these. really great gift.

--
sheila