[Chicago] code review tools

Atul Varma varmaa at gmail.com
Sun Jul 22 17:59:33 CEST 2007

On 7/22/07, Pete <pfein at pobox.com> wrote:
> On Sunday July 22 2007 8:08 am, sheila miguez wrote:
> > Do any of you guys have good code review tools? I'm playing around
> > with reviewboard.
>
> Mondrian.  It's even written in Python!
>
> http://www.niallkennedy.com/blog/archives/2006/11/google-mondrian.html
>
> Fitz, a little help please? ;-P

According to that blog post:

"""
The application is so deeply intertwined with Google technologies it's
not likely to be available as open source until Subversion and a
backend such as SQLite can be supported.
"""

So it looks like the actual product won't be usable by non-Googlers
for some time, unless the situation has changed.  That blog post is
from November of last year, so maybe it has?

There's also this trac plugin, but I haven't actually used it myself:

  http://trac-hacks.org/wiki/PeerReviewPlugin

If anyone has tried it, I'd love to know what they think of it.

- Atul