[Chicago] Yet another ORM for Python

Brantley Harris deadwisdom at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 20:41:03 CEST 2007

That's the bit that's harsh: "we don't have a good method to apply
changes to the database when you change your code".  If this could be
solved, it would be another step towards decoupling the DBMS from the
general development experience, something I would love, personally.

It's something I've been pushing for since I first saw Django.  A
while ago I started drafting plans to add this "schema evolution"
functionality but then someone took it as a Google Summer of Code
project, last year, and I haven't heard about it since.

It seems to me that a good step forward for the Django ORM would be to
rebase itself on SQLAlchemy (which I thought was in development?)
while untangling itself from the rest of the code so that the ORM
could be used better, stand-alone.