[Chicago] Venue's and Presentations

Ted Pollari tcp at uchicago.edu
Mon Jan 8 20:33:04 CET 2007

On Jan 5, 2007, at 11:23 AM, Brian Ray wrote:

> Does anybody have a location where we can meet next Thursday?
> Meeting topics?
>
> If you have something you might want to talk about but are not sure,
> speak up. It may be nice to get some feedback and plan for future
> meetings in 2007.

I'm thinking Carl and I may have some news to report/discuss about
the status of the PyCon bid -- it really won't be much, however, and
could probably be covered on list as well, though in person would
totally be preferable.

> Unfortunately, I will have a commitment Thursday nights the first
> several months this year (Spring 2007 semester). Although, I do plan
> on helping with this January meeting. So, I am probably not the best
> person to organize these meetings.  Is anybody willing take the torch
> during my sabbatical?  The requirements are to send out the official
> notice, to make sure the wiki is consistent, and help resolve topics/
> venues (feed the Chipmonk).  Ian was doing this for a while and I
> took over. I guess we call this the Marketing person.  I would like
> to pick it back up after my leave, if possible.

Perhaps this is the time for a general head-count about meeting time
(day/time of month), it being the new year and all.

Personally, Mon-Wed. tend to work better for me than Thursdays or
Fridays, but that's just me.  Is everyone else still happy with
Thursdays?

(Will I be flamed just for bringing this topic up?)

-ted