[Chicago] python and reports

Feihong Hsu hsu.feihong at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 14 06:28:35 CET 2007

Tiny RML2PDF might be a good choice for you:

http://www.openreport.org/index.py/trml2pdf

Also, there are a plethora of Python template engines out there, but if you're generating XML then Genshi is pretty nice. Personally, I prefer to use Mako, which is a more general-purpose template language (Mako took the best parts out of the Django and Myghty template languages and mashed them together).

- Feihong

Lukasz Szybalski <szybalski at gmail.com> wrote: On Dec 13, 2007 11:46 AM, Pete
 wrote:
> On Thursday December 13 2007 12:12:26 pm Lukasz Szybalski wrote:
> > is there anything else that you tried and it worked for you?

Right now I just need to print a formatted page(complex letter style
page). Something similar to merge fields and word documents would work
but through python. My data is in tag file, so I have key and value
that I could pass in.

So I'm either thinking of using xhtml or rtf to create my page layout
and then use cheetah to fill in these values. I know cheetah will work
for xhtml, I don't know about rtf. From then I would need to find
something to convert these into pdf.

I found old template that has merge fields but I don't know if its any
use to me. I doubt cheetah\reportlab will be able to fill in the merge
fields.

Ideas?

Lucas