[Chicago] Pizza providers update

Kumar McMillan kumar.mcmillan at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 00:36:29 CEST 2007

On 8/16/07, Brian Ray <bray at sent.com> wrote:
> Overall, I still do not have a problem with people posting Python
> related jobs here. Just my $.02. Nevertheless, lets take it easy on
> those who help sponsor our meeting. ok?

this may be worth pointing out ... the company I'm at
(leapfrogonline.com) has worked with Roy Talman way way back in
ancient times.  Had it not been for Doug graciously providing free
pizza and pitching Roy Talman services at the meeting, then we would
not have known that they are now beginning to provide contractors for
open source jobs.  They certainly were not in the past.  This is
excellent news for us since it is very hard to find Python developers
in Chicago (btw, we're hiring!
http://www.leapfrogonline.com/who/careers.php ).

In fact, I'm not kidding here, but we recently had to mandate that
front-end web development be limited to RUBY because the resources we
can find are greater in the Ruby dept than in Python.  This is sort of
sad because we'd rather use Python for these things.

It doesn't help to push people away who are trying to move into the
open source field.  I think it was pretty obvious from Doug's first
post that it wasn't spam.  It may be that Roy Talman is still in early
stages of being able to support Python resources, but they are
certainly *trying* and this list is a great place to start!  There are
a lot of talented developers on this list.

-Kumar

PS. if you use gmail then you get a nifty "view as HTML" link for Word
docs.  Just sayin