[Chicago] Proposal for a talk this Thursday

sheila miguez shekay at pobox.com
Tue Apr 10 21:02:29 CEST 2007

On 4/10/07, Jono <ebjono at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi everybody,
> Jono from Humanized here.
> I'd like to make a talk at the ChiPy meeting this Thursday, if I can.
> If this list isn't the right place to suggest talks, could somebody please
> tell me who to mail this to?
>
> I'd like to show off a prototype ZUI (zooming user interface) I'm working
> on.  It's not (yet) a Humanized project, it's something I'm monkeying up in
> my spare time.

I love ZUIs and would love to see a talk on one. When I was in school
I wrote and ran an experiment to test reaction times for navigation
tasks with different zoom-panning implementations in pad++ (which was
in tcl/tk at the time, and is how I first ran into tcl/tk) and I've
looked in on the HCILs website over the years to see what they were up
to with it. Last I checked they'd migrated to java and the project was
called piccolo.

(I <3 ZUIs http://del.icio.us/shekay/zui)

--
sheila