[Chicago] PyPy Presentation

Adam Jenkins emperorcezar at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 19:21:04 CEST 2007

It seemed to me that they had filled out their feature list and this
was why they went 1.0
Stability might be an issue, but it was noted that one of the reasons
it's not production ready because none of the extensions are
completed. I could easily be wrong because I know very little about
the project other than what I read.

On 4/2/07, Pete <pfein at pobox.com> wrote:
> On Monday April 2 2007 11:18 am, johnnnnnnn wrote:
> > On Apr 2, 2007, at 10:47 AM, Atul Varma wrote:
> > > As some of you may know, PyPy just hit 1.0.
> >
> > I've heard that the 1.0 release is a largely funding-based, not
> > feature-based. That is, 1.0 doesn't yet imply production-ready or
> > feature-stable. Is that based in reality or just ugly rumor?
>
> Really looks that way.  They're reasonably up front about it, without actually
> coming out and saying "our sponsors want a 1.0".  Props to the EU for funding
> this though.
>
> PyPy looks really cool, but it's not going to be ReadyForTheEnterprise for
> quite a while yet - I'd guess at least 2 years, to be honest.
>
> if-only-my-work-estimates-were-as-good-ly yours,
> --Pete
>
> --
> Peter Fein   ||   773-575-0694   ||   pfein at pobox.com
> http://www.pobox.com/~pfein/   ||   PGP: 0xCCF6AE6B