[Chicago] Thursday

Ed Leafe ed at leafe.com
Tue Nov 7 15:01:08 CET 2006

On Nov 6, 2006, at 11:36 AM, Ian Bicking wrote:

> Dabo is an open source *alternative* to FoxPro, written in Python.  Or
> alternately, I think it's not to far off to think of it as MS Access
> written in Python (though I think with less automatic GUI stuff).

	Well, yeah, that's a fair analogy, but it's also an alternative to
PythonCard and lots of other projects that have attempted to make
visual development of GUIs in Python possible. I don't have any hard
numbers, but more than half of the regulars on the Dabo lists, as
well as those I've spoken with at the last few PyCons, don't use the
database stuff at all.

-- Ed Leafe
-- http://leafe.com
-- http://dabodev.com