[Chicago] Fwd: UG News--Good. Fast. Cheap. O'Reilly Launches PDF Guides

Jason R Huggins JRHuggins at thoughtworks.COM
Wed May 31 18:14:10 CEST 2006

Chris McAvoy wrote:
> FYI...O'Reilly is releasing PDF mini-books.  Like all their other
> stuff, they're available for review if anyone wants to take a shot.

In related news, I'm under contract with O'Reilly to write a few of these
"mini-books" over the next few months. O'Reilly is calling them "booklets"
internally --- they're all about 50 pages, about $10 a piece, and fit
somewhere between a long chapter and a short book.

With fellow Pythonistas Titus Brown and Grig Gheorghiu. we'll be writing a
series of booklets called "The Web Testing Series", focusing on tools and
techniques for testing web apps. Of course, we'll be using Python tools
for most of the examples. I'll be focusing on my testing tool, Selenium.
Our first "booklet" will be focusing on how to functional test "AJAX" apps
with Selenium and Python.

You might notice Titus's and Grig's name if you're a regular reader of
planetpython.org. Titus wrote a tool called "Twill", and Grig is the
author of "Cheesecake", a Python-package tester, and frequently blogs
about all thing testing.

Cheers,
-Jason