[Chicago] Broadband in Chicago

Peter Fein pfein at pobox.com
Mon May 8 15:08:12 CEST 2006

On Saturday 06 May 2006 06:51 pm, Brantley Harris wrote:
> Does anyone have any suggestions on the matter?

I've got EVDO service from Verizon. It's awesome - you get broadband speed
anywhere your cell phone works, nationwide.  A list of such places:
http://pfein.blogspot.com/2006/04/im-in-wifi-commerical.html

I've found in to be more reliable than coffee shop wifi, though marginally
slower than SBC cheapo DSL.  Console jockeys should note that ping times are
around 200ms - not terrible, but noticable.

Service costs $60/month, which is less than I'd spend on DSL at home & coffee
shops. This site has lots of good info & will also sell you a card - highly
recommended: http://www.evdoinfo.com

--
Peter Fein                                                     pfein at pobox.com
773-575-0694                                      Jabber: peter.fein at gmail.com