[Chicago] next chipy meeting?

Ian Bicking ianb at colorstudy.com
Wed Mar 29 19:16:01 CEST 2006

Chad Whitacre wrote:
>> Definitely, a presentation would be great.
>

> Cool! Thank you. A few questions then:
>
> - What's the usual format?
> - How long of a talk should I plan?
> - What level of expertise should I target?
> - Would ChiPy be more interested in testing, web programming, or both?

Let's bring these questions to the people.  People: respond!

Or, uh... usually it's slides, but doing a demo is also good.  There's
maybe 15 people at an average meeting (maybe 20ish lately?), and
generally everyone has a programming background, but always a handful of
people who are new to Python.  We've been starting with a simple
presentation (on a stdlib module or something) and then a more advanced
presentation.

For length, I guess it depends on whether we also have a SCons
presentation...?  SCons seems fairly involved, but it depends on what
Atul had in mind.

As for interest, *then* I will leave it up to people to respond.