[Chicago] Fw: Idea: weekly Chicago coding sprints?

John Melesky list at phaedrusdeinus.org
Sun Jun 11 00:34:55 CEST 2006

Jason R Huggins wrote:
> Anyway, I guess it comes down to 2 general places... somewhere in the Loop
> (where many techies work), or somewhere in Lincoln Park (where many
> techies live)...

The benefit of the Loop, from my perspective, is that even if you don't
work there, you might pass through there to get to work. If you're
city->burbs or vice versa, you may well be hitting Union or Ogilvie. If
you're north->Loop, north->south, north->west, or any other random
combo, there's probably a way to take a train in and then back out
without much backtracking.

Of course, take this with a grain of salt -- i'm on the near west side
and go downtown to pick up a train to the burbs. Still, if we have a
couple Metra inbound riders who are interested, it probably makes sense
to keep it in or close to the Loop.

And i'd still prefer the morning times, and would commit to them if the
location was easily reachable. It's much easier to drop out of a regular
evening thing, especially with my fabulous jet-setter schedule. Ahem.

-johnnnnnnnnnn