[Chicago] python and xml

Tim Saylor tim.saylor at gmail.com
Mon Jun 5 23:24:07 CEST 2006

Hello,

I've been using python for a few years now but I'm new to the chipy
group.  I'm hoping someone can help me out with this problem since
I've had little luck with google so far.

I'm looking for a validating xml dom parser library in python.
Information's been hard to find so I'm not even 100% sure what all the
current choices are.  At the moment I'm using the expat parser in
PyXML and that's great except that it dies on the line """<DOCTYPE
ServiceSelectors SYSTEM "services.dtd">""".  It seems that it doesn't
understand the SYSTEM keyword and chokes, but I found out that even if
I fixed that part of the code it wouldn't validate anyway.

So if anyone's familiar with the status of xml parsing in python,
please help me out.

Thanks,
Tim