[Chicago] list name [chicago] vs. [chipy]

Martin Maney maney at two14.net
Fri Jul 21 21:58:10 CEST 2006

On Fri, Jul 21, 2006 at 02:26:15PM -0500, David Rock (et. al.) wrote:
> > >     >> Why is this list called [Chicago] instead of [ChiPy]?
> > >     > Actually, it has to do with it being hosted through ...
> > > Right.  We discussed it at the time of the switch ...
> > Sure but we could still change the subject tag to chipy or chicago.py
> That may be mildly confusing.

Alternately, the potentially confused might be better served, in the
long run, by being introduced to sensible tools that can do such exotic
things as sorting chipy/chicago list traffic into a separate [virtual?]
folder, and then it won't matter what lameness happens to the subject
line... which is often not very meaningful anyway!  :-)

--
the warfare on the cutting edge of any science draws attention
away from the huge uncontested background, the dull metal heft