[Chicago] Chicago Python User Group: Thurs. July 13, 2006 7pm.

Chris McAvoy chris.mcavoy at gmail.com
Wed Jul 12 18:07:18 CEST 2006

On 7/12/06, Ian Bicking <ianb at colorstudy.com> wrote:
> DemoCamp seems like an interesting idea (http://barcamp.org/DemoCamp).
> Or for something more programmery (and less startupy), a lightning talk
> format.

Yeah, that's my only real beef with the BarCamp Chicago concept.  I'm
not really into starting up my own business.  At least not in that
context.  My head is way more into programming for programming
sake...the joy of programming...that sort of thing.

DemoCamp seems fun.  BarCamp seems fun too, don't get me wrong.  I
just want to be a nerd this summer, not a hip young business man.

Lots of things to think about.

My Perl 6 plan is seriously less than seven minutes long.  If that.
Maybe I'll just talk it up anecdotally.  The sum total of what I want
to say is, "Perl 6 is actually happening, and you can add to the
language if you just ask nice.  It's kind of f'ing bonkers in a really
good way."

Chris