[Chicago] Thursday!

Jason R Huggins JRHuggins at thoughtworks.COM
Mon Feb 6 18:11:17 CET 2006

chicago-bounces at python.org wrote on 02/06/2006 10:28:04 AM:
> Suggest we stick with the prior Thoughtworks decision if Jason
> confirms soon. Jason?

Hi, all,

I'm still hoping/happy to host it this month... I'll check with our
facilities folks today to make sure everything is still copacetic.

-Jason

P.S. Regarding topics...  Among all the hoopla generated by Guido's blog
postings last week, he suggested a web framework shoot-out. (Ugh. Web
frameworks. Groan.) Yes, I know. But for arguments sake, if someone were
to create a type of "consumer reports" for Python web framework shoppers,
how would those frameworks be rated and compared in a fair way? Which
metrics are useful? (lines of code, mailing list traffic, google hits,
"case studies"?)...  Is there usefulness in discussing this? (Once we get
that problem solved, we can tackle the *real* problem: the proliferation
of Python based 3d frameworks-- How are all those poor Python developers
ever going to find the time to evaluate a framework before building their
winning pygame.org entry?!)