[Chicago] py for TurboGears

Mark Ramm mark.mchristensen at gmail.com
Wed Dec 13 19:17:54 CET 2006

Carl,

Could you let me know the best way to get to this location from the
Amtrak station?

I won't be able to get there right at 12, since my trail isn't
scheduled to arrive until 11:59.  So depending on how lat the train
is, and how far it is from the train station to the location where the
class is held, I'll probably be at least a few min late.

I read ed's paper on python for VFP programmers, and I did a bit of
reading on VFP to make sure I knew what people will already know.

I'm looking forward to seeing you all tomorrow.

--Mark

On 12/11/06, Carl Karsten <carl at personnelware.com> wrote:
> Mark Ramm, Thursday's speaker and author of "Rapid Web Applications with
> TurboGears: Using Python to Create Ajax-Powered Sites"  will be teaching an
> intro to python class Thursday afternoon.  The goal is to understand the python
> you need to understand the Turbo Gears presentation that will be given at the
> 7pm python users group meeting.
>
> Pre-requisites: know about programming and web servers.
>
> When: Thursday Dec 14, 12 to 5.
>
> Where: Merchandise Mart - Suite 1400 - conference room, seats about 10.
> dietze-inc.com  (client of mine)  If I get more than 5 "mights" I will make a
> wiki page to track who gets a chair.
>
> Why?  because Mark is coming in from Ann Arbor, MI to speak at the Chicago
> Python users group about his book.  He said he would show up early and teach
> some python to help him prep for a talk in February at PyCon, the main annual
> Python convention.  "As far as I'm concerned the price of admission is the
> willingness to learn, to help others to learn, and to provide
>
> Tell your friends.  Now is the chance go get your python newbee cow0rkers into
> python.
>
> Carl K

Mark Ramm-Christensen
email: mark at compoundthinking dot com