[Chicago] [Fwd: Any ChiPy plans for PyCon 2008?]

sheila miguez shekay at gmail.com
Thu Dec 7 15:51:50 CET 2006

On 12/6/06, Peter Fein <pfein at pobox.com> wrote:
> On Wednesday 06 December 2006 18:36, sheila miguez wrote:
> > Could someone put together an announcement type of email and send it
> > to the Ron May Report? Something like: "Chicago in the running for
> > PyCon" and make a case for how import it is for Chicago to be a leader
> > in the tech industry la la la etc.
>
> Hmm, I hear he has interesting sexual preferences:
> http://push.cx/2006/ron-may-fellates-goats
>
> #2 on google.  Nice, Harkins. ;)

I agree about the writing style; I only skim those things. On the
other hand, the startup I worked for managed to get a sweet deal for
office space through that rag. Maybe it's a generation gap thing. The
startup I worked for was started by older people. Could also be an
asshole gap.

"He doesn't know how to talk to geeks (the secret: politely, like anyone else)"

Geeks are just as polite as everyone else. Ask yourself how polite
everyone else is.

--
sheila