[Chicago] [Fwd: Any ChiPy plans for PyCon 2008?]

Ted Pollari tcp at uchicago.edu
Wed Dec 6 23:22:59 CET 2006

On Dec 6, 2006, at 4:16 PM, Kenneth P. Stox wrote:

> One item of note: It may be wise to incorporate with the user
> group, or
> just the PyCon 2008 organization. That is unless some other Pythonic
> organization will take on the liability of hosting the conference.

The Python Software Foundation takes care of all of that, I believe.
They also sign the contracts and deal with the funding.

Pretty much all we have to do is the footwork of finding a place that
fits the requirement, document it all and help get the PyCon/PSF
folks on board with our bid and then help the even itself happen with
local manpower/volunteers.

-ted