[Chicago] Fwd: [Chicago-talk] Updated Meeting Announcement

Brian W. Fitzpatrick fitz at red-bean.com
Wed Oct 12 04:44:29 CEST 2005

On Oct 11, 2005, at 10:54 AM, skip at pobox.com wrote:

>>> Please join the Chicago Perl Mongers for an exciting look at two MVC
>>> web application frameworks.
>>>

> Okay, I'll fess up.  MVC has never made any sense to me, at least
> in the
> examples I've seen.  I've encountered it over and over again in my
> programming career and for some reason it has just never clicked
> with me.
> Maybe all the examples I've seen of it have been examples of MVC
> done badly.
> Pointers to lucid descriptions and examples cheerfully accepted.

I drank the NeXTSTEP/OPENSTEP Koolaid years ago, followed that up
with a double dose of WebObjects, and I'm hooked forever on MVC.  One
of the Apple guys even wrote a song at WWDC one year that explained
what MVC was, and it was very educational, but I can't find the
video. :-)

-Fitz, not much help after all