[Chicago] They're doing it again...

Brian Ray bray at sent.com
Tue Oct 11 16:13:40 CEST 2005

On Oct 10, 2005, at 11:39 PM, Martin Maney wrote:

> Guess Django and all the other pretenders are obsolete now, huh?  :-)

Django is a huge contender, why do you say different? It sounds like
something personal or your trying to stir up some controversy or
something.

I blogged a bit about my thoughts on TurboGears <http://
brianray.chipy.org//Python/TurboGear.html>.

Basically, I am toying with the idea to get back and do some web-
programming.  All of these Frameworks have left me a bit perplexed.
Then Ian starts to talk about framework frameworks... my head spins.
I think I have a good understanding of the basic components which
make up these frameworks. If fact, I guess what I put together in
previous projects on my own could be considered a framework. I was
not brave enough nor were they good enough to opensource.

All I really want to do is put together some sort of CMS into a nice
looking mostly static website. Then give my client a login to change
some content in places. Maybe a webform.

I would really like if we filled out our own page on this topic:
http://chipy.org/webframeworks  The Python.org wiki one is nice, but
here we could actually touch on the webframeworks most often used in
*this* circle. volunteers?