[Chicago] PyCon, Dallas, Adler, consequtive and other strange words...

Brian Ray bray at sent.com
Tue Oct 4 16:07:14 CEST 2005

I wanted to point out the addition to the page http://chipy.org/PyCon
by Ralph Green, Jr :

As a member of the Dallas Bid committee for PyCon, I should tell you
that PyCon is planned to be in Dallas for 2006 and 2007. The decision
was made before we entered the bid that they were looking for a place
to hold the convention for two consequtive years. But, good luck on a
2008/2009 bid. I love Chicago hot dogs and would look forward to a
visit.

It's no secret that Chicago is an excellent place to hold a
convention of any sort.   I suggest we bid on holding PyCon here for
50  consecutive years, 2000 - 2050. Likewise, we relocate all Python
contributors to Chicago, permanently. I am joking of corse... or am
I. Seriously, I think we should place a bid for whenever the next
PyCon opportunity may be. We tend to  have an abundance of resources
and are one of the cites the world is familiar with hosting large-
scale events.

On the topic of meeting's of developers here on Chicago, I would like
to point out the up and coming event:

http://www.drunkenblog.com/drunkenblog-archives/000662.html

Adler may also be a good location for PyCon?