[Chicago] Can you write Perl in Python?

Ian Bicking ianb at colorstudy.com
Thu Dec 29 18:32:12 CET 2005

Martin Maney wrote:
>>Madness, all of this. ;-) And yet, I can't wait to see what the 120
>>character version looks like...
>

> I think Ian may have discovered it, although his overnight exclamtion
> on #chipy wasn't unambiguous (and I had gone to bed, so I wasn't there
> to ask for clarification).

Yes, I did get it down.  I'm not convinced 120 is the minimum... I feel
like another character or two might be possible somehow, but I haven't
figured anything out.  The details: 2 lines, only uses the functions
''.join, int, and ord, plus some operators and loops, and 27 total
characters of string literal.  Python gives me a warning when I run it,
but it works.