[Chicago] Can you write Perl in Python?

Edward S. Marshall esm at logic.net
Thu Dec 29 07:58:41 CET 2005

On Wed, 2005-12-28 at 23:40 -0600, Martin Maney wrote:
> It's fairly straightforward to get the
> representation down to one byte per digit, though there is of course a
> partially offsetting increase in code bulk to render that!

*nod* I'm already down to 182 characters by just turning the template
into a list of offsets in a list of known possible output combinations
(and it actually shortened the code, too). I can easily see how you
could get the representation for a digit down to a single byte, but the
mental version of the code needed to extract it seems much longer than
what I have now.

Madness, all of this. ;-) And yet, I can't wait to see what the 120
character version looks like...

--
Edward S. Marshall <esm at logic.net>
http://esm.logic.net/