[Chicago] Metaclass hacking?

Martin Maney maney at two14.net
Sat Dec 24 05:07:37 CET 2005

I was wandering around and came across a link to this old essay of
Raymond's about the joy of using Python.  What struck me this time
around was his description of some code as an example of metaclass
hacking.  To me, today, it looks like, well, mostly it looks like a
misplaced __init__(self, **dictfrom) method, but that might make the
other ways he needs to use the class awkward.

Anyway, I was just wondering - is this sort of simple introspective
attribute-twiddling really something that would be called a metaclass
hack?  I thought those were all guaranteed to melt your brain.

Oops, almost forgot the article's link:

  http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/3882

--
You arguably have quite a few inalienable rights,
but being taken seriously isn't one of them.