[Chennaipy] minutes dated 28-11-2020

MURALIDHARAN MURUGESAN mm_nmc at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 28 10:09:47 EST 2020

Hi, Iam forwarding the minutes of meeting held on 28-11-2020

Minutes of the meeting dated 28-11-2020
The meeting was started with introduction of members
Mr.Vijaykumar briefed the meeting purposes.
The first talk was presented by Deepak"Python in security testing"

   - He discussed various types of libraries in python used in security testing for applications
   - The testing requires authentication, authorization, availablity, confidentiality and intergrity
   - He further illustrates the techniques owasp, zap, wfuzz, wapiti, w3af

The second talk was presented by Mr.Rengaraj "Setting up Zkarel"

   - ZKarel is a framework will help to learn python using a simple game.
   - The game is simulated using karel simulator.
   - We will see how to setup zkarel and how we can use it to teach python programming for kids.

The third talk was presented by Mr.Muralidharan "Use of Set data structures in Python"

   - Set is a collection of unordered unique elements
   - Set is iterable and mutable
   - Set is having methods like add, update, remove, discard, clear
   - Set is having unique operations like union, intersection, difference and symmetric difference
   - Set is used in difference applications like data analytics, machine learning etc.

The fourth talk was presented by Mr.Vijay kumar " Python GC and References"

   - He illustrated the mysterious bug came across Kivy applications.
   - The issue is related to memory referencing
   - He gave examples for referencing using sys module
   - He compared referencing with weak referencing
   - Finally he showed the code to correct the bug.

Then Deepak suggested some change in format of meetup and to include longer duration talk
After discussion it is felt that present format shall continue and if we need some special sessions may be conducted with longer duration
Mr.Rengaraj proposed vote of thanks
Dr.M.MURALIDHARANHEADDEPARTMENT OF COMPUTER SCIENCENEHRU MEMORIAL COLLEGE[AUTONOMOUS]PUTHANAMPATTI - 621 007TIRUCHIRAPPALLI DISTRICTPHONE : 04327 234 8100431 2712247[RES]94866 46708mm_nmc @yahoo.com