[Chennaipy] ChennaiPy - January meetup - Meeting Minutes

Dinu Sweet dinuswt22 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 09:49:47 EST 2019

Hi Guys,

Please find the details,

 * Code for Change
Speaker - Makesh Gopalakrishnan, Crayond @Chennai
 Discussed about "How Design Thinking can solve a problem?" E.g. Swiggy, all we know. Get to know about "Be the Tree Hugger" mobile app…
 Also had some inspirational quotes like,
 "Mankind advanced, at the expense of Nature Depletion".
 "Be the Change, you wish to see in the world".
 "5% change the world and remaining 95% live in it".

 * Porting Python applications to support Python 2 and Python 3
Speaker - Poruri Sai Rahul, Scientific Developer
 First speaker said really WHY we need to port to Python 3. Points discussed are "Python 2 EOL 2020", "Packages numpy, pandas stopped to support Python 2 by Dec 21, 2018"
 Next discussed WHAT need to be done for porting and discussed syntax changes(print), changes in results (2/3), …
 Coming further HOW to do this using tools like 'flakes', 'python-modernize', '__future', 'six' and strategies about the same.
 PPT - https://github.com/rahulporuri/talks/blob/master/python_2_to_3.pdf

 * Uncharted territories in Medical Python Coding
Speaker - Dr. Akilesh, UrSmiles32 @Chennai
 Brief talk about IT in Healthcare - ML, Data Analysis, Management,…
 Long running journey - "Image Processing" - XRAYs - Now getting advanced from 2D to 3D perspective.
 Showed some good examples over "Virtual Reality Surgeries" how doctors practice.
 PPT - https://www.researchgate.net/publication/330662391_Python_in_Medicine_A_Journey_into_unchartered_Territories

 * Lighting Talk - "DIY Hosting for Online Privacy" - Ganesh from Chennai
 Shared some ideas about the paper, serverless architecture and the need for online privacy :)
 Link - https://cs.stanford.edu/~matei/papers/2017/hotnets_diy.pdf

Best,
Dinesh Kumar P