[Chennaipy] September Meetup (RSVP Required)

GANESH S gs401 at snu.edu.in
Sat Sep 23 02:24:53 EDT 2017

Hey,
Can I present during the time scheduled for the "Lightning Talks"?

Topic:
Attacking and Defending Machine Learning Classifiers

For certain tasks from Computer Vision, Speech and Natural Language
Understanding,  Machine Learning algorithms achieve near-human accuracies.
Researchers have discovered that it is possible to produce examples that
can fool these ML classifiers. Such examples are called "adversarial
examples". To illustrate, an image of a panda can be modified slightly, in
a way that a human cannot tell the difference. The ML image classifier will
now misclassify the modified image.

This is an open problem and is receiving a lot of interest from researchers
right now.

Thanks,
Ganesh