[Chennaipy] [Discussion] About scope of programming languages in Chennai's IT industry

Ashok Govindarajan gashok2 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 19 01:32:35 EDT 2017

Dear All,

Over the last 10 to 12 years, i have worked across C, C++, Assembly, and
Matlab.
This involved working in Chennai and Bangalore and building embedded system
solutions
primarily for the telecom domain.

Based on the above context, developing a basic interest in understanding
the differences between functional programming paradigm vs OO Paradigm,
when is hand-coding assembly language superior in comparison to
cross-compiled C code,
usefulness of a simulation package like Matlab and how far can it go when
you have to debug real-time issues in the field would be
certain areas to explore and have some clarity in them.

I started with C as my first language  - as that was the langauge used in
my first job and it was in embedded systems domain and then I  moved on to
 learning other things as and when needed. During the same time i also
developed a feel for algorithms, data structures, static analysis tool and
tools like profiling etc that gave you a picture about the run-time nature
of your code.

In the Chennai context, you may want to look at Atmel, Jasmine Infotech,
NEC, Microchip, Caterpillar, Qualcomm, Visteon as
potential places for recruitment , that may have a need with the above
programming knowledge experience/skill set.

Rgds,
Ashok