[Chennaipy] [JOB] Hiring Interns

Shrayas rajagopal shrayasr at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 05:21:24 EDT 2016

# Intern at Logic Soft Pvt. Ltd.

## About us

Logic Soft (http://logicsoft.co.in) has been in the business of
providing software to the Book Trade since 1986. We are associated
with some of the biggest names in the trade and some of them have been
with us for the greater part of 15 years. Having stood the test of
time, we have accumulated years of dedicated experience in the Book
Trade, and today we probably understand the nuances of Book Trade as
much as an experienced person from the trade does if not better.
Starting so early allowed us the opportunity to experiment with and be
a part of a huge movement in the technology world. The initial system
was based on RM-COBOL and ran on the DOS platform. As time progressed,
we moved the entire system to a Windows based system running on the
.NET platform using C# and SQLServer. We are however a team that
believes in using technology to the fullest. Even though our main apps
are written on the .NET platform, we have a host of internal and other
production services running on other platforms like Python and
Clojure.

## The problem at hand

In order for us to keep the business running, we need to be able to
maintain a lot of information - Accounts / Maintenance contracts /
Client information are a few to name. For us to do this, we need to
have systems in place. Currently the major sum of them are basic excel
sheets or small systems that were written years in the past. Time has
come for us to evolve and move forward building out new systems and
revamping the older ones.

We are staunch believers in the Open Source methodologies and believe
that anything reusable can and should be open sourced. LSQ
(https://github.com/LogicSoftInd/LSQ) is one such attempt and putting
out our internal Ad-Hoc SQL query management system.

## The Role

We are looking for a enthusiastic, self motivated person with a good
foundation of computer science principles. You should understand
simple and the very basics of programming. Your task will involve
rewriting / writing new systems that will be used for internal
purposes. The technologies you will be working with will be:

- Python
- C#
- HTML / CSS
- Javascript
- Android

All of the above, on a Linux environment.

Knowledge in Python and basic web know how is a must but anything else
is an added bonus. AngularJS is what we use as a frontend framework
and knowledge in this is also considered a plus.

## Job Perks

- Ability to write a **LOT** of code. This will allow you to get to
your [10,000 hours of
practice](http://www.wisdomgroup.com/blog/10000-hours-of-practice/).
- Very lean hierarchy. The 2 founders lead the company and everyone
else reports to them
- Opportunity to work in an environment where production code is
pushed out everyday

---

Anyone who is interested, please write to me offline, at
shrayasr at logicsoft.co.in (in cc)

Best Regards,
Shrayas