[Chennaipy] Looking For a Python Resource Person

Prasanna Venkadesh prasmailme at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 23:54:10 EST 2016

Hi All,

I am from Central University of Pondicherry (http://pondiuni.edu.in/). We
are inaugurating a club / community of students, professors & technicians
inside the University to promote Freedom of Knowledge (Free Software, Open
Access, etc.,). We also have mobilized people from various schools of
Engineering & Sciences who were interested with this.

We are looking for a someone who could introduce Python to a crowd of 150+
(comprised of Students, Teachers & Technicians). I have been part of
Chennaipy for more than a year till now. I also gave a talk at one of
Chennaipy's meetup (end of 2014, I remember). We wanted to invite people
from outside to deliver a talk / hands-on session, I can assist the speaker
with technical needs during the session.

We have also sent out invitation to Dr. Ajith Kumar, Scientist(H) at IUAC (
http://www.iuac.res.in/) which he accepted.

For the past several years he has been involved in promoting Free Software
tools in Education and leading a project for developing open hardware
laboratory equipment for teaching science, that uses Python for data
analysis and visualization. Has been pursuing academic community to include
Python in their syllabus and has written a book on Python. Some of the
details are on the website expeyes.in

Here is our agenda in brief. It's a 2 Day workshop.

Day 1 - Common to people from all Schools & Departments. Getting Started
with Python. We are looking for resource person for Day 1 (the reason for
writing this mail).

Day 2 - Two Parallel Sessions
1. Python for Physicists, Mathematicians, & Scientists (Dr. Ajith Kumar)
2. Advance Python for Computer based Streams, Multimedia, etc., (We also
need speaker for this).

We couldn't confirm the date yet. But we are trying our best to organize
this within 2 weeks. If someone could reply here or can contact me off the
list that would be better.

--
Thanks & Regards,
Prasanna Venkadesh.