[Chennaipy] Pitch for a Talk and Hosting a Meetup at Indix (www.indix.com)

Sharmila Gopirajan sharmila.gopirajan at gmail.com
Sun May 10 12:51:03 CEST 2015

Hi Nikhil,
      Looking forward to your talk!

On a related note, I would like to share some lessons I learned from
ChennaiPy talks.  If it helps someone, thats great.  As Shrikant has
observed in another reply, the audience will be a diverse group from
different backgrounds.  Some of them would be quite familiar with your
field and others might not.  It helps if your presentation takes that into
consideration.  Based on my experience, if your talk is a more technical
one (than, say, an introductory one), it helps to narrow your presentation
to address just one aspect or feature.  That way, even people unfamiliar
with your area can catch up.  Also it helps if you try presenting it to
someone first. Trust me, that made a huge difference ;) .  If there are
more ideas for you to present, you can always follow it up with more
presentations ;)  Probably make it a series.

Also a link shared by Shrayas has been quite helpful.  So I'm just sharing
it again.  http://speaking.io/

Regards,
Sharmi