[Chennaipy] Finger Print attendance software

Akhil Mohan akhilmohanmec at gmail.com
Thu Feb 12 17:01:51 CET 2015

Dear Aswin,

Could you specify a bit more on what you are expecting ? (Duration of the
project, Cost, Accuracy, Desktop datastructure etc)

I am an electronics engineer and currently doing my PhD in IITM. There are
few finger print sensors (Rs.2500/-) available in the market with UART
communication lines. These have to be interfaced with a microcontroller and
the data can be sent wirelessly to PC. On the PC, there can be a software
which receives the same and store in a day to day basis.

The electronics part won't take much time, but customizing on the PC might
depending on the user software specs. Atleast I can provide the electronics
drawing necessary to build the setup and someone else can write a piece of
code to read the same and display in the way want.

Best Regards,

On Thu, Feb 12, 2015 at 5:35 PM, James Mortensen <james.mortensen at a-cti.com>
wrote:

> If someone *does* indeed have experience setting up fingerprint scanners,
> that could be an awesome presentation at one of the Chennaipy workshops!  I
> don't have any hardware experience and seeing something like that would be
> really sweet.
>
> James
>
> James
>
> On Thu, Feb 12, 2015 at 12:24 PM, Aswin Murugesh <
> aswinmurugesh.me at aswinmurugesh.me> wrote:
>

>> Hi,
>>       The startup that I work for, we are planning to set up a
>> finger-print scanner for attendance. We want it some what customized. Is
>> there anyone in this group who have experience in doing something like
>> that?
>>
>>       We want someone who can provide both software and hardware, and
>> install it at our place.
>>
>> Thankin
>>
>> Regards,
>> K. Aswin Murugesh