[Chennaipy] Talks for the next Meetup

Shrikant Giridhar shrikantgiridhar at gmail.com
Thu Feb 5 09:10:25 CET 2015

On 5 Feb 2015 13:13, "Kiran Gangadharan" <kiran.daredevil at gmail.com> wrote:

> Like Shrayas mentioned, wouldn't it be hard to cover an advanced topic
like this in 10 mins ?

I agree. Moreover, I don't think a lightning talk does justice to the
importance of the subject either.

Which is why I felt a talk of the duration and style of a typical TED Talk
[1] would be nicer. A 20-25 minute talk capturing the essentials in a big
picture way would be ideal.

A quick Google search [2] revealed a remarkable number of blog posts about
Python's VM. Maybe some of them could be converted into a talk with some
details removed?

Again, this was just a suggestion. I realise that the arcane details of a
language's implementation may not interest a majority of the audience,
especially when most of them are beginners (I am one myself!).

Shrikant

[1] https://www.ted.com/talks
[2] http://goo.gl/xXZYqo