[Chennaipy] Visibility of ChennaiPy

kracekumar ramaraju kracethekingmaker at gmail.com
Wed Oct 29 14:15:47 CET 2014

Hi

 As part of BangPypers we did few things as a result "bangalore python"
returns first three relevant results.

1. Have blog about each meetup. Currently minutes of the meeting can be
posted as blog post. Couldn't find blog in chennaipy.org
2. We started using meetup as a platform to promote meetings. As a result
we are able to reach to wider audience and meetup has better SEO.
Also mailing list isn't every one cup of tea. Lot of users want to attend
only meetups and don't care of discussions. Seems october meetup was
planned using meetup.com

On Wed, Oct 29, 2014 at 11:40 AM, Shrayas rajagopal <shrayasr at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Guys,
>
> When I came to Chennai, one of the first things I did was to go to google
> and type *Chennai Python* and all I could see was some job listings and
> the like. I had to dig around quite a bit to find *ChennaiPy*. Uneasy
> experience. Also, The link on python.org.in points to some old google
> group which I think is now defunct?
>
> Here are my questions:
>
> 1. How can we get the link on python.org.in changed?

Send a pull request
https://github.com/pythonindia/python.org.in/blob/5097ec54bee2c74365159fbc672ff815366d9295/_templates/layout.html
?

> 2. Do we have some SEO experts here that can help with making
> chennaipy.org more visible in searches? That would be good.
>
> Thoughts?

P.S: Also PSSI - https://pssi.org.in/ can help in sponsoring meetup fee and
chennaipy.org can be hosted in PSSI infrastructure. Finally, user group
volunteers
decision to choose which ever  works for them. Feel free to write to me
offline.

*Thanks & Regardskracekumar"Talk is cheap, show me the code" -- Linus
Torvaldshttp://kracekumar.com <http://kracekumar.com>*