[Chennaipy] October Meetup

Vijay Kumar vijaykumar at bravegnu.org
Tue Oct 14 19:24:08 CEST 2014

= October Meetup

== Date & Time

25th October
3:00pm to 5:30pm

== Venue

Classroom No 2,
Aerospace Engineering,
Near Gajendra Circle,
IIT Madras, Guindy,
Chennai

Location map: http://bit.ly/iitm-aero

== Schedule

3:00 - 3:15: Introduction
3:15 - 3:45: Python in Test Automation: Automating Routers with Python
3:45 - 4:05: Creating Command Line Interface using Docopt
4:05 - 4:20: Networking over Tea, sponsored by Clay Labs
4:20 - 4:45: Building Embedded Systems with Twisted
4:45 - 5:15: Lightning Talks

== Details

Python in Test Automation: Automating Routers with Python
Speaker: Krishnan Shankar

The talk will cover the following topics:

  * How Python is the best language for Test Automation.
  * What are the areas Python is used for Test Automation.
  * Tools and modules involved in Test Automation.
  * Example: Automation of Routers and how was it accomplished.

Creating Command Line Interface using Docopt
Speaker: Rengaraj

Docopt is a pythonic command line arguments parser. With Docopt, the
usage documentation is written first, and passed on to Docopt, which
uses this to create the parser! This talk will be a short talk on
using Docopt.

Building Embedded Systems with Twisted
Speaker: Vijay Kumar

Twisted is an asynchronous networking engine written in Python. This
talk will show how we, at Zilogic Systems, built an automated library
management system, using Twisted and an ARM board running Emdebian
Grip. The system uses an RFID reader for user authentication, reed
switches to monitor the shelves and a buzzer to raise alerts.

If you would like to give a lightning talk, just come prepared, we
will be able to accommodate you.

== RSVP

This time around we are planning to serve tea and snacks during the
meet. So do us a favour, and RSVP on our Meetup page
http://www.meetup.com/Chennaipy/events/211201242/ That way, we know
how many people are coming and can arrange things accordingly.

== New to Python?

If you are new to Python, the tutorial at
http://learnxinyminutes.com/docs/python/ will give you a quick
overview of what Python is all about.

Regards,
Vijay